Before entering the territory of Russian Federation, it is compulsory for all foreign citizens to obtain a Russian visa. Russian entry visas might be obtained by foreign citizens in the nearest embassy or consulate of the Russian Federation on the basis of official invitation issued by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Russian Federation or the invitation sent from an authorized tourist company. There are a few types of Russian visas, but if you are planning to visit IVF sunrise health center, then a tourist visa will be the easiest and cheapest solution. This type of visa is the best choice if you know for sure for how long and where in Russia you are going to stay. A Russian tourist visa can be obtained for a period of up to 30 days (it is crucial to check this during the application process to the Russian Embassy or Consulate in your location).
You may try obtaining visa in two ways:
- 1. You may collect all the documents yourself.
To obtain a visa, you will have to appeal to the Russian Consulate in the nearest location. If you are not limited in time, then you will have to spend from 2 to 4 weeks to obtain entry permission.
- 2. You may find an authorized agency offering assistance with visa arrangements.
The time required for obtaining a visa may be reduced to 1 week.
By using an agency’s service, you will have a chance to save your time and obtain a visa without going to consulate, waiting in a line, and perhaps, filling up an application form for several times.
The procedure of Russian tourist visa arrangement involves the following steps:
1. Receive a letter of invitation.
In order to receive a letter of invitation, you need to specify the following information:
- The date of entry and departure (up to 30 days)
Follow this link to apply for an invitation and obtain the Russian tourist visa – Issue a Visa invitation to Russia.
2. Collect a set of documents for submission to the Consulate:
- Passport:Your passport should be valid for at least six months after your Russian visa expiration date. It should also include two blank adjacent pages for a visa.
- Two high-quality color photos 3.5 x 4.5 cm:Make sure they have been taken recently.
- 2 copies of Russian visa application forms, completed and signed (you may download the template from the consulate’s website).
- A health insurance for the whole term of your stay.
- An official invitation from an authorized tourist company.
- A letter of confirmation (Voucher) for your hotel reservation from an authorized tourist company or directly (voucher) from the hotel. It must include a reference number and a visa confirmation number.
All these documents, along with a letter of invitation must be submitted to the Russian consulate. You can do it on your own or through a local agency. While submitting your application form, make sure you have paid a consular fee.
What is a cost of Russian visa?
This is probably what most of the foreigners are concerned about once they have decided to set out for Russia. Consular fee for the US citizens is $160 (in 2013 fee was reduced by the US and Russia by 15%). For citizens of the EU the visa will cost 35 euros (the fast-track visa processing will cost 70 euro and will be ready within 3 days). Check out the exact rate at an embassy of your country. All you need to do is log on to the official website and find out how much it will be.
Pay special attention:
The procedure of Russian visa arrangements can be changed by Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Russian Federation without a prior notice. To stay updated with the latest news, visit a website of the Embassy of the Russian Federation or Russian Consulate in the country of your application. Above all, in some countries there are Russian visa centers and agencies offering visa arrangement service.
Russian visa registration.
According to the law of the Russian Federation, all Russian visas that are valid for more than 7 days should be registered within 72 hours upon arrival to Moscow (apart from weekends and holidays). If you are staying in an apartment, not a hotel, then a manager of IVF will take care of your registration. You will be required to present a copy of a foreigner’s passport, as well as a migration card with an entry stamp. If there are any questions that remain unclear for you, do not hesitate to contact us.